Our mission is to create photo-realistic 3D content at scale used by clients that have a diverse set of needs.
As a Pipeline TD, you will be part of a team that is directly responsible for developing the studio pipeline, maintaining software tools, supporting artists workflows, troubleshooting development issues, and collaborating with other departments.
This is a unique opportunity to join an experienced team at an early stage, to evaluate and test new technologies around AR and product visualization, and their impact on the way people, build, learn and experience new products.
- Detail oriented, self-sufficient, and able to work with minimal supervision
- A background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Strong technical, problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Experience working in a visual effects production environment
- Applicable, working knowledge of programs and their APIs: Nuke, Houdini, 3ds Max, Shotgun, Deadline
- Proficiency in Python 2.x/3.x, PyQt, PySide, Visual Studio.
Helpful but not required:
- Knowledge of USD, Unreal Engine and Nvidia RTX
- The bulk of our current pipeline is in Python and PySide. Our tools are backed by Shotgun with a large focus on cross-platform applications
- Work on software and tools of a high degree of complexity, requiring thorough understanding of the overall pipeline
- Work closely with studio departments to develop, maintain and improve pipeline tools
- Provide support to production, be proactive about solving problems, debug and resolve complex issues of a technical nature, and update documentation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of studio software and systems, keep up to date with evolving industry standards
- Experience with modern graphics APIs (e.g. OpenGL, DirectX, Metal, Vulkan)
- Flexibility and willingness to learn new technologies as needed
- Exposure to mobile development
- Strong knowledge of OOP, design patterns and data structures
- Experience with version control software. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to work well as part of a collaborative development team
- Sample of AR/VR work to show and discuss
Epigraph is a Visualization Technology company based in Kansas City, MO. This position is Full-time, in-house or remotely and is considered mid-level, with room for growth and development as the role expands.
All qualified candidates are required to answer a variety of programming related questions during the interview process.
We offer competitive compensation, genuine culture and creative opportunity.